Just as it is imperative for you to know your body measurements, it is also equally vital to understand how to take your true body measurements in a more precise way. If you are intending to shop online a leather jacket or coat or any other thing, you may need to take your body measurements prior to anything else. There are a lot of factors that could interfere with your fluctuating body measurements including weight-loss programs. You can take measurements frequently to update your memory every now and then so you won’t be having any kind of hassle later on.
Stay with us to have a better comprehension about getting your legit body measurements by placing the measuring tape on accurate areas of your body to have a perfect measurement.
Points to ponder:
- You have to pick a time that is appropriate for you so you don’t have to be in any sort of hurry. The best time is before lunch as it won’t let the bloating interfere.
- Don’t forget to wear something comfortable.
- For sure you can take your measurements yourself but it would be better to request any companion to help you out in this regard.
- For areas like chest, waist and hips, try to be gentle and avoid tightening the measuring tape
- Breath normally. Do not suck in too much as it could interfere with the measurement.
- Write down measurements of every area even though you think you can remember it.
You will need:
- A measuring tape
- Pen and a notebook
- A companion to help you out
- A full-length mirror (if available)
To streamline the procedure of getting your body measurements, we have fragmented this process to make it easier for you.
How to measure your chest:
Start by placing the origin of the measuring tape on one side of your chest and surround your whole chest by going down armpits to make the ends of tape meet. In this way, you can measure the circumference of the chest.
How to measure your natural waist:
Measure the circumference of your waist by employing a similar procedure. To take the exact measurement of your waistline, place the tape on the narrowest part of your upper abdomen.
How to measure your lower waist:
Unlike natural waist, lower waist is the widest part of that area. Measure your lower waist by placing the tape on the area where you tie your belt. It is usually below or above the belly button.
How to measure your hips:
Place the measuring tape on the peak of your hip area without pressing it hard. Measure the circumference it this way.
How to measure your shoulder:
Place the tape on top sides of the shoulders. Start taking measurements from the top right all the way to the top left across the back of your neck.
How to measure of sleeves:
Place the measuring tape on the edge of your shoulder and take it down to the wrist of your hand.
How to measurement back length:
Place the measuring tape at the centre back of your neck or shoulder-blade and run the tape steeply to the centre-point of your waist or to wherever you want your outfit to be.
How to measure the front length:
Place the measuring tape on right or left of your shoulders and run the tape steeply to the centre-point of your waist or below the belly-button or wherever you want your outfit to be.
All and all, we’ve proposed certain ways of taking accurate measurements and a step by step guide on how to get your body measurements in the easiest way imaginable.